Joint Press Release of Inter-Korean Red
The South and North held Red Cross Talks to resolve humanitarian
issues on June 22, 2018 at Mt. Geumgang, in accordance with the
historic Panmunjeom Declaration. The South and North agreed as follows:
1. The South and North agreed to hold a reunion of separated
families at Mt. Geumgang on the occasion of the National Liberation
Day of August 15.
(1) The reunion will be held from August 20 to 26, for 100
families from each side respectively. Participants with mobility
difficulties may be accompanied by one family member.
(2) The South and North will exchange written △ requests for fates
of separated families by July 3, △written replies of the request by
July 26, △and the final list on August 4.
(3) The South will dispatch an advance group comprised of event
organizers and communications engineers five days before the reunion
to prepare for the event.
(4) Further matters will de negotiated through document exchange.
2. The South and North agreed to repair the Mt. Geumgang Reunion
Center for the reunion to take place smoothly. The South side will
dispatch a facility inspection team from June 27.
3. The South and North will hold further working-level talks and
red cross talks at an agreed time, to discuss humanitarian issues
including the reunion of separated families.
June 22, 2018