Press Release (September 9, 2010)
Families separated by the Korean War to be hosted
l The Ministry of Unification and South Korea s Red Cross on the occasion of the Chuseok holiday will host an event to comfort the elderly who parted from their families by the Korean War. Reunions of separated families and inter-Korean exchanges have been cut off in recent years.
- This event follows the previous ones in 2008 (666 invited), in 2009 (280 invited) and in the first half of this year (266 invited).
l Date & Place: KBS Building from to , September 13
l Program :
- Around 300 people are going to be invited from the metropolitan area to participate in a special KBS music show program for the holiday.
- The event co-sponsored by the Unification Ministry and KBS will deliver stories of those who have family members living in North Korea and console them.
l Recording and broadcasting
- Recording: KBS Annex Building from to , Monday, September 13
- Broadcasting: KBS1TV from to , Monday, September 20
Ministry of Unification