Launching ceremony of a nation-wide campaign for unification preparation and 'Yu Woo-ik's Talk Concert on Unification Jar'
o The launching ceremony of a civilian organization promoting nation-wide campaign for unification preparation(hereafter 'civilian organization for unification preparation') and 'Yu Woo-ik's Talk Concert on Unification Jar' will be held at 19:30 P.M. on Thursday, July 12th at the Education Center for Unification.
- Some 350 people from various sectors of society including representatives of government agencies and the 'civilian organization for unification preparation', as well as university and high-school students will participate in the event.
【 'Civilian Organization for Unification Preparation' Launching Ceremony 】
o At the launching ceremony of 'civilian organization for unification preparation':
- One of the unification jars made by the Minister of Unification will be given to the newly launched 'civilian organization for unification preparation',
- followed by civilian donations to the unification jar.
- Moreover, all the participants will write personal messages in support of unification preparation and put them into the unification jar in a show of their will toward reunification.
【Yu Woo-ik's Talk Concert on Unification Jar】
o In the second session of the event, 'Yu Woo-ik's Talk Concert on Unification Jar', Minister Yu and four comedians starring in KBS' 'Gag Concert' will talk about unification preparation in various formats.
- The event will consist of a short comedy show by the KBS' 'Gag Concert' team, special lecture by the Minister of Unification, consultative session on the 'Top-five Concerns Regarding Unification', and a concert by the top 4 contenders of 'Voice of Korea,' a music audition program.
o During the talk show, Minister Yu Woo-ik will provide consultation and solutions on the five most common concerns that the Korean people have about unification.
* The five concerns were selected based on the result of an online poll by 3,142 participants from June 22nd to July 8th.
<TOP 5 Concerns about Unification>
1. Possible social commotion upon unification due to different ideology, philosophy, lifestyle, and culture between the two Koreas (social integration, 47%).
2. Increase of tax burdens for welfare system, SOC, and infrastructure (economic burden, 21.7%).
3. Potential regional conflict and social discrimination(discrimination against North Koreans, 8.1%).
4. Problems regarding education due to differences of educational system and gaps in academic level(educational problem, 5%).
5. Future dynamics of Korea's relationship with the neighboring countries such as the U.S., Japan, China, and Russia (unification diplomacy, 3.1%).
* Crime, welfare and etc: 21%
o The Ministry of Unification will organize various programs to draw public interest in and support for unification preparation, and will continue to reinforce efforts to enhance communication with various sectors of the society on the matter.
Survey Results on 'Top-five Concerns Regarding Unification'
o The Ministry of Unification conducted an online survey on the Korean people's concerns regarding unification from June 22nd to July 7th.
- The survey was carried out via an online blog and SNS on students of the Education Center for Unification under the theme "I believe unification is inevitable but I am worried about ____."
- Five most common concerns were selected based on the result of the survey by 3,142 participants.
Spokesperson of the Ministry of Unification