Government stance on North Korea’s verbal attacks toward President’s speech in Dresden
April 1, 2014
● North Korea is repeatedly showing unreasonable behavior by slandering our Head of State’s diplomatic activities with unmentionable words that even street ruffians would refrain from saying, through its state media(March 31st, KNCA).
- It is clear how self-contradictory North Korea is as it insists on an end to slander on its so-called ‘dignity of the supreme leadership’ while despicably slandering our Head of State.
- North Korea should carefully deliberate its language and behavior. We will be monitoring closely.
● It is doubtful that North Korea’s so-called ‘important proposal’ on improving inter-Korean relations was mere rhetoric.
● Furthermore, North Korea is distorting and disparaging our sincere proposal for peace on the Korean Peninsula and improved inter-Korean relations, while mentioning nuclear tests and blatantly carrying out armed provocations at sea.
- North Korea must realize that it can acquire nothing with such methods and will only deepen its international isolation.
● We hope that North Korea bears well the meaning of our “Initiative for Peaceful Unification” proposed in Dresden, which is widely seen as a roadmap for a peaceful unification of the Korean Peninsula, and constructively respond to it.