Unification Spokesperson’s Commentary on
Malaysia's Press Conference regarding the killing of Kim Jong Nam
February 19, 2017
1. The Royal Malaysia Police announced today that it has detained one and is in search of four North Korean suspects regarding the death of a North Korean at the Kuala Lumpur International Airport of Malaysia on Monday(2.13).
2. Though the final investigation report is yet to come, the R.O.K. government is sure that the victim is Kim Jong Nam based on a wide range of information and circumstances. Considering five suspects are North Korean nationals, it is believed that the North Korean regime is behind this incident.
3. The R.O.K. government and the international society express grave concern and are keeping a close eye on this reckless and brutal case, noting that the North has committed crimes against humanity and acts of terror.
4. The North Korean regime's unconditional commitment to its nuclear and missile program, including the launch of a ballistic missile this year, clearly demonstrates the severe security threat we face.
5. The R.O.K. government will unwaveringly protect the lives of people and national security against terror acts of the North as well as nuclear and missile threats.
* unofficial translation