Joint press release of inter-Korean working level contacts
regarding dispatch of North Korea's performing squad
Following the agreement of the inter-Korean high level talks, the
South and the North held working-level contacts regarding the dispatch
of North Korea's performing squad on the occasion of PyeongChang
Winter Olympics at the north side of Panmunjeom, Tongilgak on January
15. South and North Korea agreed as follows :
1. The North will send a performing squad of 140 Samjiyon Orchestra
members to the South.
2. The North's performing squad will hold performances in Gangneung
3. Practical matters including venue, stage conditions, and
equipments and installation of equipments necessary for the
performance of the North's performing squad will be solved amicably
through consultation between the South and the North.
4. The South will ensure the safety and convenience of the North's
performing squad to the maximum extent.
5. Other practical matters that are raised afterwards will be
discussed in the form of document exchange through the Panmunjeom
January 15, 2018
* Unofficial translation